Published on Sep 9, 2014
North East Lincolnshire
What is Health Watch?
It is a new consumer champion created to gather and represent the views of the public. They will make sure that the public views are being taken into account.
How they work?
Health Watch can help deal with any complaint you may have regarding a service you have received from NHS or a Social Care service.
- They are here to help make services better by helping you to shape and improve the services you use.
- They are engaging with people in your community and if you haven't met us yet, please get in touch!
- They are an open organisation and want to make it easy for you to talk to them. They want people from every part of the community to join in.
- If you want to know what they are doing, just ask and they will always tell you!
- They will notice the good and bad things that are happening
- They take your evidence, views and experience and use it to help shape and improve local servicesby working with Health Watch England and the Care Quality Commision.
How much influence do they have?
By law, the organisations who plan, run and regulate health and social care services have to listen to what they have to say. When they are made aware of failing services they will report it to key national organisations, such as, Care Quality Commission and Central Goverment. The organisation must then submit a public responce the the issues being raised. However, they beleive they can be influential in improving services without the need to enforce statuory powers.
If you want to know more follow this link:-
Videos are also available to view:-