Last updated Tuesday the 9th of February 2021
How to get your COVID-19 vaccination
People aged 70 and over who have not yet been vaccinated against Covid and who would like to be are today being asked to contact the NHS to arrange a jab.
Until now the NHS has asked people to wait until they are contacted to help ensure that those who are most vulnerable are protected first - and that remains the case for most people.
However, to ensure absolutely everyone is offered the vaccine, people aged 70 and over can now contact the NHS so they can be vaccinated by the middle of this month.
The easiest way to arrange a vaccination is through the national booking service which can be accessed at www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination.
The system allows patients to choose a time slot and location that suits them.
Anyone unable to book online can call 119 free of charge, anytime between 7am and 11pm seven days a week.
If a suitable and convenient slot is not available people can also call their GP practice.
Many who have not yet booked an appointment are already receiving follow up letters and phone calls this week to encourage them to take up the offer of a jab.
Watch out for COVID-19 vaccination scams
Please remember, the COVID-19 vaccine is free of charge and only available through the NHS.
The NHS will not:
- Ask for your bank account or card details
- Ask for your PIN or banking password
- Arrive unannounced at your home to administer the vaccine
- Ask you to prove your identity by sending copies of personal documents such as your passport or driving license
How to report concerns:
- If you receive a call you believe to be fraudulent, hang up.
- If you are suspicious about an email you have received, forward it to email@example.com.
- Suspicious text messages should be forwarded to the number 7726
- If you believe you are the victim of a fraud, please report this to Action Fraud as soon as possible by calling 0300 123 2040 or visiting www.actionfraud.police.uk
For more information on COVID-19 scams please visit takefive-stopfraud.org.uk